Thursday, February 9, 2012

Can We Have Romance Without Sex?

Most of us have people in our lives who mold us as we grow up, for me it was my maternal Grandmother. She was born in 1899 in Louisville Kentucky, a true Southern Lady her whole life. She is the one who taught me, among other things, the social graces such as chewing gum is unlady like and to sit still in church. Well, she was a victim of her time as we all are. She did have very definite ideas about romance, love and sex. From her perspective romance first, then love and finally sex. Absolutely no sex without those all important wedding vows or one would suffer the stigma of becoming one of "those" girls. When I did get to the point in my life where boys were becoming less annoying I decided it was time to get the whole definition of the expression "one of those girls". If you have not guessed yet "those" girls were the ones who threw caution to wind dove into love in all it's glory. But, was it romance, love or just plain sex?

No comments:

Post a Comment