Thursday, February 9, 2012

Can We Have Romance Without Sex?

If you are like me and feel that sex completes romance than how in the world do we have romance without sex? My grandmother always told me that sex had very little to do with love or romance. She further explained that if love and romance were required to have sex then that would eliminate the "world's oldest profession." Can't argue with her there. So, as I ponder the question I realize that romance is so much more than the physical.

2 comments:

  1. I hardly ever include sex in my novels. I intimate it, but thats all. I'd much rather focus on the characters and their feelings, rather than the hip thrusting, sweaty grunts of bedroom antics lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, I hear you and sometimes I prefer for the writer to let me imagine what the characters are doing. But sometimes I like to read about someone else's idea of sex in a relationship is alk about.

      Delete